View Single Post
Old 30-01-09, 17:21
Richard Harrison

cheers, i have found a couple of lads in Suffolk / Lincoln who have a number of carriers, they have made patterns out of thinner steel sheet (from the plates of a mk1) the lad has actually built up the tub from scratch the only thing is i wont be able to get my mits near them until April, once i have them they will be plotted into computerised format for CNC / flowjet applications. this should also work on plasma beds / laser beds pending on the software.

that carrier was a great one to start matey but the vendor wanted big bucks just to get her to the port for me so i didnt bid.

you need to pull the dash pannel off and see how much of the glacis plate is left underneath. good thing for you is the main bulkhead is still in situ so unlike me you wnt have to cut it out and start again.

the drive line on yours was good and the road wheels looked mint, i asked for photo's of the sprockets but the guy was a bit evasive and i never got em, i believe you have 166 links per side left from the 168 so happy days..... a few of the lads on here would love to get their mits on those tracks i bet.

if you start a project thread and fill it with millions of pics for us it would be great !

ps welcome to MLU

__5th Div___46th Div__
1942 Ford Universal Carrier No.3 MkI*
Lower Hull No. 10131
War Department CT54508 (SOLD)
1944 Ford Universal Carrier MkII* (under restoration).
1944 Morris C8 radio body (under restoration).