Thread: Weights.....
View Single Post
Old 13-12-08, 01:44

Default Carrier weights + load security

Hi Richard
I mentioned two military vehicle clubs in a previous reply direct to you. There are at least a couple of Carrier Owners in the North east of England that I can suggest you contact. One in Darlington and One at Brompton on Swale. They may be worth a visit to discuss how they transport there carriers using Hired haulage to attend shows.Both users also show and run heavy military vehicles so in theory the Carrier can be Towed on a trailer behind one of these,Your license and truck Gross Train weight permitting.
May i add a note of caution and I apologize in advance if it is obvious to you and many others. On "You tube" and OLD CMP net there have been pictures of carriers Falling side ways off FLAT BED vehicles, a Slide back style transporter in the first instance where the offending carrier ended up on its side just after being painted . The second one on its way to a rally fell sideways off a low deck trailer behind a heavy 4x4. I guess the co efficient of friction between the thin edge of steel tracks and metal decks side to side is NIL. Please allow a margin for sufficient chains in your WEIGHT calculations. Apart from the risk to life and limb of wandering carriers the ensuing insurance problems and the potential damage to your newly restored carrier are all to obvious.
Good luck in your search