View Single Post
Old 30-11-06, 03:49
Mr. HUP

Default Re: Test iltis

Quote:
Originally posted by peter simundson
There is (or was) one of the original test Iltis's in the Borden Museum.
Funny you should mention Borden and Iltis testing. I had the pleasure of sending one of my Bombardiers (name omitted to protect the guilty) to Borden to put the Iltis thru its paces.

The Bombardier was sent back after just two weeks with an interesting letter of "appreciation”. The trials officer was amazed at how well the Bombardier was able to find and exploit the weaknesses of the trial Iltis. Going on, the narrative read that he was being RTU because they had too many trial vehicles down for repairs. Oddly enough, his vehicle always broke down the furthest from the recovery truck and he had spent most of his time awaiting recovery. He concluded with a heart felt thank you for the Bombardier's help in isolating Iltis faults.

Strangely enough, when the Bombardier was my driver, my truck always seemed to break down at the most inconvenient time and place. But the Bombardier was always ready to catch some Zs awaiting recovery. Coincidence? Nope.

As a footnote, I finally got him posted to Shilo, where rumour had it he was sent to the museum as a mannequin...