View Single Post
Old 26-09-20, 18:22

Default Timken Rockwell T32 Transfer Case

Admins: I'm linking my website and facebook pages below simply to share info related to the transfer case, which appears very similar and possibly the same as the two speed case used in the CMP & GTB trucks. I'm not selling or trying to market anything. If any of this needs to be removed, please let me know.

My first experience with the T32 transfer case was in a truck I bought about 20 years ago. It's a 1954 International Harvester R-140 4x4. The following link will take you to some pics of my truck when I first bought it. It was originally a brush fire truck in the oil fields of Montana. The fire equipment was gone by the time I bought it. I did some minor work to get it running better and used it around the yard on clean up projects. My first son was born around the time I bought the truck, then a second son, then work and life got busier . . . you all know the drill. I haven't done much with the truck in a while, but still love it.

https://ih1404x4.weebly.com/r-140-4x4.html

When you follow the link above, the black truck at the top of the page is mine. There are a couple of pics of the transfer case included.

I started that website because there wasn't much info on these trucks on the web. You should dig around on the different tabs to see some examples. A few years ago I started using Facebook more and haven't done much updating of the website. Now, I just try to support folks with these trucks to help keep them on the road.

Anyway, the IH trucks that used the Timken T32 transfer case are the following:

Production Numbers Per IH
R-140 4x4 1953-1955 995 trucks
R-160 4x4 1953-1955 923 trucks
S-140 4x4 1955-1956 642 trucks
S-160 4x4 1955-1956 1,695 trucks

I'll post some examples of these trucks in the following posts.

IH did continue the 140/160 4x4 trucks through 1961 and then into the Loadstar trucks, however, those trucks did not use the T32 transfer case.

I also have a lot of info on these trucks on my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/IH140and1604x4Trucks

I'll try to find some other pics of the IH T32 stuff.

Thanks for welcoming me to this community.

Let me know if you have any questions.