View Single Post
Old 31-03-05, 14:04
British Indian Army

Default Re: Ford F30 ACF255

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Hayward
Nigel,

If that's your photo of ACF255, it doesn't look like it was taken Scotland. It's too flat and sunny! So where was it then?

As for going north of the border - yes I have been to the Highlands but the seasons there seem to change every 15 minutes! How do you dress for hot sun, wind, rain, hail and snow all on the same afternoon? Also there are far to few people there so I get lonely and can't wait to be back in London. It's like a breath of fresh air to smell the traffic fumes or sit on an underground with hundreds of other sweaty individuals!
The kult man, you no herd o the kult? When its hot you lift it up to shield your face, when its windy it does its own thing!, when its raining you keep it down and when its hailing you hold it out (I can assure you that hail stones on your head are far preferable to them elsewhere!), and when it snows you take it off and put it on the snowman! or woman!

Larry photo was taken at East Fortune Airfield outside Edinburgh, where the Concorde was taken and is on display, which explains the flatness I suppose. The truck is taken out fairly often to support the events but as yet the owner hasn't ventured your way. A Scottish invasional convoy is called for me thinks!

Nigel

1942 Ford Utility 11YF
1942 10cwt GS Trailer