View Single Post
Old 17-05-13, 22:09
Centurion nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
Not about wireless equipment but looking for Communications Unit markings.

My 1967 M38A1 was 2nd Canadian Signals Squadron. Looking for the white number that would have gone on top of the Blue and white square.
Eric,

According to Annex F "Vehicle Unit Signs" of CAMT 1-36, Volume 3, Staff Duties in the Field, 1963, the number allocated to the brigade group signal squadron was "1". This number was used by the signal squadron on the white over blue sigs AoS, the brigade group headquarters on a red rectangle, the headquarters LAD over the RCEME AoS and the intelligence unit on a black rectangle.

There's no indication as to what colour the numeral was to be, but I'd go with the photographic evidence provided.

I also recall, in my youth, seeing vehicles marked with the AoS surmounted by white strip upon which the unit designation was stenciled. But this was in the late 60's, just prior to the disappearance of the traditional army type vehicle insignia and the introduction of the full colour, door mounted, CF pineapple decal. I think such things as vehicle markings were in a state of flux at the time.

Cheers,
Dan.