View Single Post
Old 05-01-21, 01:43

Here is a set of photos of the Handles, No. 72 and the Handles No. 80 stripped and cleaned up.

It is interesting that both of these items are cast zinc products. The larger Handles No. 72 shows no casting lines at all on it anywhere. They appear to have been cleaned off when the part went for finish drilling and milling.

On the other hand, and probably because of its smaller size, a casting line is clearly visible completely around the midline of the Handles, No. 80. The only place it is not present is where the Marker Slot was machined into the upper curved edge, on the right side of the second photo.

It was at this point a light bulb finally went on in my head. These parts are zinc. The metal primer I have on hand will not work for very long on this material if I try using it. So a search of the Internet took place last evening and I found a supply of the appropriate primer for zinc and galvanized steel at a local RONA Store and a can is now ready for pickup Wednesday morning. Disaster averted!

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Handles No. 72 3.JPG   WS No. 52 Handles No. 72 4.JPG   HANDLES No. 80 ZA 14556 3.JPG   HANDLES No. 80 ZA 14556 4.JPG