View Single Post
Old 27-12-20, 01:55
GM Fox I

That begs the question, was there a special exhaust pipe issued with wireless trucks to meet the specific need for in vehicle operation? The HUW has a hole in the bottom of the generator cabinet that attaches to a fixed steel tube exiting out the vehicle floor. There must have been a 'quick release' pipe to go from the generator to the connection. Like most wireless trucks, they set it up so the generator (along with the wireless set and batteries etc.) could be quickly removed to work remotely. That's when the flexible exhaust pipe and muffler would have been employed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Suslowicz View Post
The BSA version that I have (still crated) comes with flex hose and muffler, but as far as I'm aware they were only ever used with the flex hose in the field: drag it away from the vehicle (downwind), extend and bury the hose, then recharge the spare set of batteries (do NOT float-charge the WS19 battery).

Unfortunately my crate was opened and is missing the tool/spares box with the manuals, cables, etc. (I have most of the spanners and am looking for the rest of the bits.)

If running them in the vehicle I'd fit a couple of carbon monoxide detectors - one in the generator compartment, and the other near the operator position, just to be on the safe side.

Chris.