View Single Post
Old 17-11-19, 21:09
carrier mech

While the black jerry can of water may well do in Southern Ontario, it would serve very little purpose here in Shilo. After a day or two, it would only be good to lay in front of that GPMG mount for it's bullet stopping capabilities.

The tin cans in the first set of photos were for bringing in snow to melt. Although time consuming, it is usually fairly abundant if you are using the toboggan. Ice is better, but if said ice is locked within a jerry can, then it is just dead weight.

The collapsible blue bag toilets are definitely a product of the environmentalists. It seemed like most of the rations were in tomatoe sauce, and what goes in must come out. There was nothing like getting onto one of those just in hte nick of time, only to have one side of it start sinking into the snow.

As to the fire extinguisher, it was always my understanding that when those tents went up, it was with extreme speed. I'm not sure there would have been ample time to use the extinguisher.

You can see the local purchase stuff has entered the system. Both axes are different (I think a fiberglass handle on the one), the snow saw is commercial, and even the small pack looks like it is an aftermarket surplus look-a-like.

What is in the green bag to the front. Would it be a pot-set?