View Single Post
Old 17-09-19, 19:28

Default Sept. 21 deadline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Fedak View Post
I have been asked by the folks in Quebec who are dealing with the SAAQ, to inquire about Military Vehicle inspection criteria across Canada in the various provinces/territories:

Are there any specific pieces of legislation or inspection criteria that apply to Military Vehcles and to Historic Military Vehicles?

The SAAQ has claimed that other provinces (the exact provinces not stated) have specific inspection criteria for Military vehicles.

FACT or Fiction:

Is this fact/ fiction and links to various legislation and criteria.

When military vehicles are registered as on road for regular use, is there a difference in the annual inspection criteria? For example, a large truck in Ontario requires an annual safety, whereas if registered as a Historic Vehicle, this annual inspection requirement is dropped.

Your thoughts?

Stuart
Thanks for all the hard work on this Stuart.

Is there anything else we can do that will show the Quebec lads our support?

I don't get a lot of time for the facebook crew but I did see mention that the minister asked the first group not to go to the media.....or there will be consequences.

I also saw a letter that mentioned Sept. 21 as the day a decision will be made.

We're already working on a real cool story that has a lot to do with Quebec and will involve a press release. It's all about history, culture, defence, finance, the official secrets act, the privy council, construction, transportation, planning, communications, media, education, art, policing, emergency management, fire couplers and the military take over of Civil Defence in the 1960's.

Quebec has a fascinating story with a nuclear beginning. The Transportation Minister is responsible for how the story ends and Sept. 21 is pushing our deadline.....but we'll wait.

We are asking for it to end like this.

In 2019, the Province of Quebec visited the option of banning private citizens from driving military vehicles on public road roads. These previously used vehicles have been auctioned off by the federal government for revenue generating purposes. They are the same vehicles that carried Canadians through WW11, supported our Peacekeeping and Cold War efforts from the 50's to today and most recently vehicles that carried our families into the middle east. Once purchased by private individuals or companies, the vehicles would be used for everything from hauling poatoes to hauling the Commander of the Canadian Army in hometown parades.

When the minister was asked why he reinstated licenses back to the same vehicles that brought Canada to one of the best places to be on the planet, his reply was, "Because it's 2019".