View Single Post
Old 27-02-15, 04:27

Default Field Security Section

I am a bit late replying but I may have a bit more info to add re the Fox(es) in the Hague in May 1945(The thread images are broken links now but the image numbers may still be searched in that database, and there are a couple other fox photos there!)

One of the images show a pair of motorcycles strapped to the Fox's engine deck. The AOS is visible on one of the bikes as 86 on a dark background.

That would likely associate the bikes (and possibly the Fox...) as belonging to a Field Security Section (Mobile). An Armoured vehicle would not ordinarily be part of their kit but given their Intelligence/Security mop up role it would not necessarily have gone astray... also the previously mentioned 141 report does associate the Fox with future internal security work.

Of course these could still be unmarked recce regiment (Were the PLDG returned from an Infantry Role to their original Recce role after leaving Italy? ) Foxes, one of which is merely carrying some FSS(M) bikes.

I'd post image links but as of tonight the dutch website is down for maintenance.

cheers

Mark