View Single Post
Old 28-03-14, 22:53
Dog Robber

Hi All:

Not to drag this one out, but I would really appreciate it if someone could sort out this particular vehicle.

I first saw it 2 years ago on a British photo site and I have been digging ever since to get it's history without success. Bear in mind, I have no expertise on very early Ford CMP variants, but as pointed out by Hanno and cletrac it is a very early version.

That being a given, it was my impression that almost all of that build time were sent from Canada to the UK and thence to France. Urban Legend has it that none returned to the UK and I have to think that virtually none of the Dunkirk vehicles survived the war, certainly not in this condition.

Does anyone know if a small portion of the original shipments of CMP's to the UK in 1940 were held "in country" for training or other duties and thus would have survived in such a condition?

As well, can anyone track down the registration plate number, which is quite visible, which may also give an answer. I googled the number formats and came up with nothing but I am sure some of out British members know of a way to find out the history of that plate.

Thanks for any help for my own little research project.

Bill