View Single Post
Old 21-03-10, 08:42

Hello Tom

It is not FS34491 That is the lightest camo colour that appears a bit blue.

I'm not sure what color he painted it. I bet he just matched the orginal colour it was.

My M1010 Canadian Mil ambulace last coat of paint was 383 Green (FS34094) but has faded to a much lighter color, ( about the color of the trailer you posted a pic of) I know it's last coat of paint was 383 green as where the front CFR license plate was is still 383 green and has not faded like the rest of the vehicle.

I belive that the original color used on the M101CDN2 trailer color was 383 Green Best as I can assume as some of the under side paint on my one M101CDN2 (that has not been painted since disposal) and appears to have not faded matches the FS34094 colour (383 Green) I also wet sanded an area on the side to remove the oxidization and it came out to match the 383 green.

If I'm wrong maybe someone can correct me.

Some areas that have faded a bit match FS34082 the more faded ares almost match FS34097 And the really badly faded areas alsmost match FS34227.

Either the paint supplied to the DND was not UV stable and oxidized/ faded badly or the soaps the DND used to wash equipment affected the paint.

Paint is supbjective and the DND certainly appears to have not strickly adheared to thier color standards during repaints.

I would only get really up tight over colour matching if restoring something to as delivered to the DND. Or trying to replicate a very specific time frame.

Matthew