View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 22:02

this is in response to the question about turning in the 'Hetzer'. i have had the pleasure of driving both the Hetzer and Shermans. i don't have much on the technical information of the wilson gear box but i appears as though it's being covered. the Hetzer in question is owned by the American Heritage Museum. it's quite a good runner and very nimble. i my opinion it's as maneuverable as the Sherman all day. the Hetzer has a 2 stage steering. trying to remember how it goes but i believe as the steering controls are set to high speed turning normally and when engaged the steering has a much tighter 'feel' and turns much more responsive. the Hetzer was originaly from the Littlefield collection. it started life as a G13 and was converted back to war time configuration. it has the 6 cylinder petrol engine and 5 speed gear box. i've included some pictures. if you look at the steering controls you will see a button that gets pressed with your thumb to engage the hi/low steering. a side shot of the transmission and drivers postion. last up, me driving and a shot of my truck with my ford.
Attached Thumbnails
hetzer 2.jpg   hetzer 3.jpg   hetzer 5.jpg   hetzer 1.jpg   hetzer 4.jpg