View Single Post
Old 11-02-10, 15:38
Senior Forum Member

Post Re: location statements and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Wilson View Post
Thanks Mark.

Easy when you know how. If I had left the th off 12 I may have found them.

Kept on finding a lot of HQ and 2A Tk Coy, any idea what they may be? Last time I went to Kew I did check out the Accomodation files that you suggested, but there was nothing in them as to where any billets were located.

Thanks once again.

Pam
Hi Pam;

1. - in regards to ‘The Canadian Army Location Statements’, I have sent you by e-mail the contact information for Michael Ockenden, the author of 'Canucks by the Sea - The Canadian Army in Eastbourne during the Second World War'. Michael should be able to give you an exact location reference for these documents held at Kew or he may supply them from his own files.

2. - in regards to ‘HQ’, it is the abbreviation for Headquarters

3. - in regards to ‘2A Tk Coy’, it is the abbreviation for the 2nd Infantry Anti-Tank Company of 2nd Canadian Infantry Brigade of the 1st Canadian Division. This company served as the anti-tank defence asset of the units of 2nd Canadian Infantry Brigade, under control of Headquarters, 2nd Canadian Infantry Brigade from approximately 9 November 1939 to 5 February 1941.

4. - I never thought of it until reading your post, but the files at Kew refer to units as, i.e. 12 Canadian Armoured Regiment (Three Rivers Regiment) or 11 Canadian Army Tank Regiment. Drop the st, nd, rd, th and use only the number, i.e. 12, 10, etc.

Cheers