View Single Post
Old 27-01-21, 15:32

I'm getting more comfortable with the paint gun and am mildly happy with the results........and I'm finally bolting parts back on. I've received everything I needed to re-assemble the brakes including new master cylinder, steel and flexible brake lines, wheel cylinders and re-used the brake shoes as they are good. I also installed new bearings and seals and inner stub bushings. Got some bad news on the motor from the builder though....seems the front pulley had worked itself loose at some time and destroyed the keyway and wore down the front of the crank. Someone has been into this thing as he also found knurled pistons and none of the internal fasteners seemed to be at the correct torque. I managed to find a re-conditioned crank near me ground .010 under on the mains and throws and ordered .040 over pistons, rings, all bearings, frost plugs, oil pump and complete valve train components. I have a NOS head that I'll throw on for good measure too. Hoping to have the brakes adjusted and bled and back on wheels by next Monday if everything goes as planned.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep1r.jpg   jeep2r.jpg   jeep3r.jpg  
1951 PE-95K Gen Set
MVPA
Cdn Forces 1986-2006

Last edited by Peter Phillips; 27-01-21 at 15:46.