View Single Post
Old 09-05-21, 18:53

Not that much of interest going on with the 52-Set lately. I have pretty much finished all the test measurements for the Remote and Main Set Receivers and can finally sit down and compare the two between each other and the specifications in the manuals.

Out of curiosity, I did do some random tests on several capacitors and resistors in the Spare Parts receiver and was pleased to discover they were all still within original specifications. With that in mind, I have decided the next step in this project will be to strip the Spare Parts receiver of all retrievable components, starting with the four Tag Boards holding the majority of the resisters and capacitors and work my way through it until just the chassis frame is left. A couple of extra plastic storage bins should be enough to get all the parts, including the two front panel sections put safely away.

This will serve a number of purposes. I can reuse original parts were appropriate before having to source modern replacement look alikes, which are getting more and more expensive with minimum order amounts and trans border shipping, and also free up a huge chunk of shelf storage space where the three wooden accessory boxes for the 52-Set will eventually reside.

David