View Single Post
Old 23-04-21, 15:45

Default Remote Receiver Mounting Hardware

I have been looking at my Remote Receiver now since January of 2018, but only just saw the upper mounting hardware on it this last weekend.

When it arrived in the mail, the two upper ¼-inch hex bolt assemblies were installed from the outside of the case inward, so the lock washers and hex nuts were on the panel side of the case. This had always looked OK to me as the heads of the bolts were on the outside and did not protrude any significant amount. I looked streamlined. It looked nice.

Whenever I needed to work on the Remote Receiver, I removed the four sets of mounting hardware and pulled the receiver out of its case, worked on it and put it back. For the very first time in over three years last weekend, I had to check something quickly on the Crystal Calibrator, so decided to simply remove the upper front panel of the receiver to have a look. I could not do that. The two ends of the upper panel, once it was unlatched, kept hanging up on the upper mounting hardware, and no matter what sort of angle I attempted with the upper panel, it would not come free. So I locked it back in place and had a closer look. And eventually, I saw for the first time what I was looking at.

The cut-outs on either end of the upper front panel of the receiver are designed to clear the thinner heads of the ¼-inch hex bolts, NOT the thicker and longer shank ends. Note the attached photos. That is also why the upper hardware holding the main set receiver in place in the Carriers No. 4 also has its hardware feeding towards the Supply Unit on each side.

It took three years, but I finally understood the design.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Remote Receiver Hardware 1.JPG   Remote Receiver Hardware 2.JPG