View Single Post
Old 22-03-21, 00:24

Hi Chris.

That is another good possibility, actually, though the most likely place for Carriers to have been switched up between a number of 52-Sets would have been at No. 202 Workshop where all the major overhauls took place. That would suggest Mr Hamfist would have been in the military, perhaps a wireless operator, and that couldn’t possibly happen, could it?

Said Workshop may not have had a high priority for returning exactly the same equipment to a unit that submitted it for overhaul, as far as I know. As long as a duff set came in and a fully working one was returned, that might have been acceptable. Again, I do not know what the actual service procedures would have been.

I do know issues did occur where upper panels on Receivers were replaced on incorrect lower chassis assemblies, which caused a level of concern at 202 Workshop. That meant the Modification Records stored in their holder on the lower chassis no longer matched the serial number on the Data Plate mounted on the removable upper panel. Several Receivers are known to have survived with a mod moving the Data Plate to the lower chassis, where the left side Handle was originally located, and that Handle being moved over near the Meter. The work on all those receivers is identical, suggesting some form of standard was being followed.

The damage on this Supply Unit panel and Eye Screw definitely appears repairable at the moment, so in that regard, things are still on track. And besides, what fun is a project if there are no mysteries involved!

David