View Single Post
Old 21-03-21, 19:54

Default Supply Unit ZA/CAN 4772

A little bit of a spinoff from my last Post.

While temporarily having the Leads, Aerial 25-3/4 inch installed, I am not yet able to feed it through the Eye Screw located at the top of the front panel of the Supply Unit, because this particular Eye Screw has had the eye loop crushed in on itself.

If you look at the upper panel edge in this photo, you can see a set of four angled gouges in it, running from the right side to directly over the Eye Screw located at the upper right corner of the Sender Heaters decal.

When Jacques and I got our first close looks at the Supply Unit, we thought somebody had used a heavy screw driver in the upper panel edge to try and force the Supply Unit out of the Carriers No. 4 at some point in time. A close look at the inner face of the Carrier No. 4 in those four locations shows absolutely no damage at all.

So my current theory is that at some point in time, the Supply Unit had been removed from the Carriers No. 4 and was sitting on its own somewhere when a pair of Idle Hands came along with nothing better to do and decided to give the top edge of the panel several whacks with a ball peen hammer, or chunk of heavy bar iron. The one blow directly above the Eye Screw caught it and bent the eye closed.

Now noted for future repair.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Supply Unit 5.JPG  

Last edited by David Dunlop; 21-03-21 at 19:56. Reason: Correcting Otto!