View Single Post
Old 22-05-07, 20:24

Default ????? for David and David...

....... read with interest the old messages you included in your email David....... but all of that information "seems" to be referring to trucks that were shipped overseas for assembly......

In the case of Cletrac and my C15a cab 11.... those must have been fully assembled in Canada..... and suffered from parts availability such as a Ford grill on my Chev, etc.......

I have to check back on my early, 3 years ago, emails that we exchanged on the origin of my truck.....

Is it possible that those trucks assembled in Canada for use in Canada may have been somewhat erratically built with earlier changes to design......... for example....... if memory serves me right my cab 11 tags related to May 1940.....yet I have the vent holes and the second fender bar brace..... and the front axle contained the R-Zeppa inner shafts...???

My seat backs are also one piece....????

Now I must add that I cannot prove that any parts on my truck are original to the initial assembly....what with all field repairs and parts switching based on what was available ......

So what do we know about the trucks built in Canada for use in Canada.....????

Bob
Canada