View Single Post
Old 16-08-07, 18:01
RIP

Hanno,

Colin and Eric have already answered on my behalf but I will elaborate. The Weapons of War series is designed for the modeller, museum visitor, veteran and youth markets and not for the 1:1 scale enthusiast. Nonetheless, it has been my experience that these booklets are so well researched that they contain much new information, as well as previously unseen photos, that they are a benefit to this group also.
I know that Eric has dug up the original contracts and has all sorts of information available for the "big" book on Canadian jeeps. This may take a while before it comes out but it will probably run 200 pages and will have a substantial number of colour images.
The input from restorers and collectors is very important as the DND and WD census numbers list for Canadian vehicles is non-existant. Although it cannot be 100% accurate, the book will provide 'ranges' of numbers which will be of enormous use.
Thanks to all for your ongoing support. In addition to "The WWII Jeep in Canadian Service" I will be releasing "The Armoured Autocar in Canadian Service" at the same time.

http://www.servicepub.com/images/jeep%20cover2.jpg

Last edited by servicepub (RIP); 15-09-07 at 19:32.