View Single Post
Old 29-07-19, 11:13
MLU Administrator

Default Commer 15-cwt Load Carrier cumulative delivery total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra View Post
The webpage Rootes Wartime Vehicle Production has a complete breakdown of all vehicles built by the Rootes group reveals between the outbreak of War to the end of August 1943 6,559 Q2's were delivered. Never realised so many were produced!
With all the variations of the Q2 - Load Carrier; Utilities; 8' and 10' w.b. Tractors; Fixed side lorry, Chassis (and Cab) - I redid the calculations for the "Commer 15-cwt Load Carrier" to get a total of 1,755 delivered. But the last entry states a cumulative delivery total of 634. I checked this with Bill Kreiner, and he said:
Quote:
"I know some things in that document are confusing. We (staff member at CTM and I) just copied everything verbatim from that book. The cumulative figure of 634 (which is supposed to also include the period September 1939 through November 1942 of the lost first volume) is clearly wrong. I think a number may have been left off the beginning of it, or it couldn't be read clearly when we researched it, since this was all handwritten. When working with such handwritten documents, when I can't read something, I use an asterisk and make a footnote. So either this portion was done by CTM staff or whoever compiled the original back in the 1940s made the 634 blunder. I'd go with the 1,755 total for the period December 1942 through August 1944. Unfortunately we don't know the 1939-1942 total.”
Click image for larger version

Name:	Commer-Karrier production _01-12-43_29-02-44.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	108364