View Single Post
Old 20-01-12, 10:52

Default No secret

Hi Diana,

No worries as it's no secret. I'm glad to be able to get the rig into the right hands. Perhaps we shouldn't mention the keys as I haven't seen them since I moved my entire collection and that was 3 years ago...

Tommy - as always a timely pic post.

In my time with 26 Tpt Sqn I operated Mack Tanker, Dump and GS Cargo. As well as a stint with the 1 ALSG Ambulance Section (hence my continued public obsession with Land Rover bloodboxes), but mostly I operated Mack and ISO trailer carting M113 FOV - generally ACV on the truck and APC on the trailer.

I think from memory the last three numbers of my truck were 200. I'd love to be at the auction with $$$ when it comes up.

I wasn't qualified on the Scammel, only Mack Road Train and variants but rode in the Scammels as 'Coey' many times.

26 always maintained a unit photo album/scrapbook which from memory had lots of Svn pics as well as more recent stuff. I belive they shifted to Amberly these days which made sense as we spent so much of our time in convoy from Puckapunyal to Shoalwater Bay and even as far as High Range

86 Transport Troop used the Camel as their stencilled symbol
158 Tank Transporter Troop used the stork with baby
87 (Tipper) troop - I can't recall - nearly 30 years ago now but 87 Tp usually
joined us for general taskings and APC carting
Workshops called themselves the 'Camel Brickers' and had a slightly cryptic stencil - use your imagination.

All in all we had so e bloody good times back then. I have a hell of a war story involving the Gin Gin Qld war memorial, my truck/trailer, acouple of M113A1's and a hell of a near death experience - and some pics probably best kept for the campfire...

I'd like to come over and see the Scammel some day.

Cheers

Phill

Cheers

Phill
Daimler Ferret Mk 2
Land Rover S2A Field Workshop
Land Rover S3 FItted For Radio x2
Land Rover Perentie GS (SASR)
International No 1 Mk 3 2.5 Ton 4x4
International No 1 Mk 4 2.5 Ton 4x4