Thread: RCEME signs
View Single Post
Old 26-08-10, 12:39
Gilles Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by florprien View Post
Hello Ed: thanks for your help. you are very polite.It´s very difficult to me to find info here in argentine, so i need a Canadian friends to make good my work. i have a quite good pics of my t16, but i can´t attach it since are very heavy!.
About the truck, unfortunely, since is almost impossible to find the right combination 3 ton cwp - 7 ton trailer, i will buy the cckw, and make an historic mistake, painting it as canadian.
Probably a good Samaritan American gave his gmc to a Canadian comrade!!
All is possible!
About the tactical signs, i don´t remember who send me it, but was a MLU member of the carrier forum. i will find into my mail, but since this guy sent to me the graph more than 3 years ago, it´s almost impossible that i find it!
Maybe Geoff can help. Best regards
Hi I have read the comments on your markings and understand your confusion. Sometimes information is difficult to find and we must use what we have. There is always an expert to tell you what mistakes you have made but offer little concrete information. As to being correct there are two ways to look at this, you park your vehicles in a corner and wait until you are 100% accurate of your work and have everything absolutely correct as Ed said but by that time the vehicle will turn into a pile of rust. The second option is to be as correct as possible with the knowledge you have and enjoy your vehicle by driving and showing it. In todays world we can easily share information on the internet, go with what you have, be as correct as possible and don't worry about the rest. 98% of people don't know what is right or wrong on a military vehicle and don't care if it is not 100% right, they like the MV. There is the 1% perfectionist and I know a few at the Hammond Barn, Kudos to them because they are the real preservationists. Lastly there are the self proclaimed experts who have never turned a wrench on a vehicle or even own a MV. Believe me I have met quite a few and I am not impressed by them.
As to how you vehicles ended up in Argentina, that is the real story and mystery.
Gilles