Thread: RCEME signs
View Single Post
Old 17-08-10, 13:55

Default All Is Not Possible!

Apparently you do not have much experience with the military or do not really know that much about the Canadian Army during the Second World War as having a CCKW within the Brigade workshop was not probable or possible. There are specific Tables or Organization and Equipment that were adhered to quite closely; and yes you may hear tales of the odd extra Jeep or perhaps even a stray Kubel or even a Bergpanther showing showing up from time time in use by certain units but you have to realize that Jeeps and the associated parts were common to the Canadian Army and that the other captured stuff was quickly left behind when parts and repairs became impossible. As well, even though there was a war on, there was some accountability and for an unauthorized CCKW, even if it could be kept running, to go completely unnoticed by superiors would have been highly unlikely.

Since you are pretty well set into purchasing the CCKW to haul around your T16, then do eveyone a favour and either paint the CCKW in proper Second War US markings or Canadian Korean War markings rather than trying to pass the vehicle off as some mythical traded favour between North Ameican allies.

If you are still bent on marking the vehicle wrongly as a 3rd Division vehicle then at least tell everyone the markings are ficticious and don't try to make up some story using faulty collector logic that it could have been given to the Canadians by some appreciative Yank...

With respect to your organizational chart which first started this thread, I was concerned when I first saw it that for some reason you had the chart and were e-mailing it around when you did not have the accompanying text to go with it. The chart looks suspeciously similar to a published version that is copywrite protected and I would just like to remind you that work, like the 3rd Division organization chart you used, is the result of hours of research and graphic design by private individuals. When this work is published, there is never any financial compensation for the time and effort involved in producing the work as the cost associated with purchasing the book covers the production. I know we live in a digital age that makes data sharing much easier but the next time someone offers you free data, give due consideration to spending the money on the book so you will at least get all of the information and more importantly show support to the person who did the research.