Thread: RCEME signs
View Single Post
Old 15-08-10, 16:56
Senior Forum Member

Post Re: 6 LAD's use of a GMC cckw 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by florprien View Post
Do you know in what models of trucks the damaged carrier were transported? I have the problem that here in argentine the big trucks of the commonwealth did not come, the bigger WW2 canadiańs truck that i can find here are CWT 15 ford Canadian or chevrolet Canadian. I believe that this truks (even the F60L) are too little to carry my carrier. What do you think about this?.
This is the breakdown of load carrying transport that was available to:

- the Infantry Troops Workshop, RCEME - the Workshop headquarters had one Trailer, 6 wheel, 7-Ton, Light Recovery and the Workshop overall had seventeen Lorry, 3-Ton, General Service

- the Infantry Brigade Workshop, RCEME - the Recovery Section had two Trailer, 6 wheel, 7-Ton, Light Recovery for the transporting of universal carriers and other light tracked or wheeled vehicles to repair areas and the Workshop overall had twenty Lorry, 3-Ton, General Service

- No. 6 Light Aid Detachment (Type B), RCEME had one Lorry, 3-Ton, General Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by florprien View Post
On monday I will be going to check a GMC cckw 353, with the intention of buying it . Already I have asked in the forum and Ed storey response to me that Canada did not have gmc in service during WW2. But It is possible that the 6 Light Aid Detachment, RCEME, have used some gmc, in some special circumstance?. this way i can to paint my GMC Like Canadian truck too. thanks again. best regards.
As Ed pointed out earlier, the GMC cckw 353 was not used by the Canadian Army, so No, even in a special circumstance, one would not have been used by No. 6 Light Aid Detachment, RCEME.

Cheers