Thread: RCEME signs
View Single Post
Old 15-08-10, 04:57

Default Correct truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark W. Tonner View Post
If I read your earlier post correctly, your T16 carrier is in the markings of the Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa (MG), the machine gun battalion of the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division.

As pointed out by Clive, the RCEME background colours were Blue/Yellow/Red and you would have to have the serial ‘64' in white centred on these colours to depict your truck as belonging to the Cameron Highlanders ’maintenance echelon’, which was No. 6 Light Aid Detachment (Type B), RCEME.

Cheers
Hello Mark: It is clear that you have big knowledge of the topic. Do you know in what models of trucks the damaged carrier were transported? I have the problem that here in argentine the big trucks of the commonwealth did not come, the bigger WW2 canadian´s truck that i can find here are CWT 15 ford Canadian or chevrolet Canadian. I believe that this truks (even the F60L) are too little to carry my carrier. What do you think about this?. On monday I will be going to check a GMC cckw 353, with the intention of buying it . Already I have asked in the forum and Ed storey response to me that Canada did not have gmc in service during WW2. But It is possible that the 6 Light Aid Detachment, RCEME, have used some gmc, in some special circumstance?. this way i can to paint my GMC Like Canadian truck too. thanks again. best regards.