View Single Post
Old 21-11-16, 02:40
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionelgee View Post
What the thread is about is breakdown trucks. This is what the subject line originally read. The "modified" means a comparison between a show room available civilian/conventional pattern truck and things that have been changed, ergo "modified" by the military. My truck's windscreen was not something available to civilians on the local Holden distributor's show room floor. Therefore, does it not make sense that mine is indeed a Modified Civilian/Conventional Pattern truck?

Yes Tony, All the vehicles that you posted were modified by the military. Yes they were on the same factory line as the fully civilian trucks however they at some time in their production were diverted to have things changed on them according to military specifications of the time. Or after their delivery to the military they were modified - so they become Modified Civilian/Conventional Pattern trucks. As in "Modified" ..... "civilian" or "conventional" .... "pattern".

Kind Regards
Lionel
Lionel, your title of this thread is what I am inquiring about. You say "MCP". An MCP is a distinct model by the factory, with specific mechanical and detail differences, not simply Khaki paint or blackout lights. The Army used quantities of both Modified and Standard trucks, not all trucks employed by the Army are "MCP by default" if they are not CMPs. A Breakdown body placed on a Standard truck chassis is still a Standard truck, even if it is ordered by the Army.