View Single Post
Old 20-11-16, 13:09
Lionel G. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
Pic P02399.014 is a typical 1939 model. The 39 has the earlier round separate instruments , plus bullet headlights and the different grill.
Hello Mike,

Both my mate and my Chevrolet trucks have the bullet lights and integrated or composite gauges set in a rectangular cluster. Also both mine and Merv's grille both have 16 horizontal bars. I cannot remember which whether the 1939 had one less or one more horizontal bars on the grille. Both trucks are also plated Holden's 1940. The photographs of my truck were taken when I first saw it in Dalby and I was preparing it for a tilt truck ride to its new home.

The previuus owner of my truck installed the external fuel tank. Merv upgraded the 6 volt system from a generator up to a 12 volt system with an alternator. My wiring is stock 6 volt generator. Oh and Merv put a 1950's chrome label "Chevrolet" on his engine hood's side shown in an earlier photograph.

In the Second last - bottom photograph you can look at the extreme right and just see the rectangular gauges cluster. The photo was taken originally to show that Merv's truck had a pretty lining on the door - where mine does not. Whether it had one in the first place and it has since fallen off I am not sure.

The last photograph shows what the blurry image is in the passenger footwell of the second last photo is. It is a display plaque that Merv puts up during truck shows. Merv's father bought the truck new and it is still in the shed on the same sugar cane farm.

Kind Regards
Lionel
Attached Thumbnails
Khaki Colour My Chev.jpg   Snapshot of Chevy.JPG   Picture 001.jpg   Picture 040.jpg   Picture 043 Mod.jpg  

Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 20-11-16 at 13:51.