View Single Post
Old 09-02-03, 02:49
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Auction & Rum Jars

On the old forum, Steve Guthrie posted the following regards an upcoming auction, expressing some wonderment at the wording of the ad:

MY response was ref the "rum jugs" listed in the ad... Mike Dorosh tried to reassure me that they were most likely empty but I'm still interested in case anyone makes it to the auction.

Steve, if you DO get there... check them out for "SRD" and date stamps. I'd ideally like WW2 jugs, but I'll happily take WW1 jugs if the price is low (no post-war though). Jugs with stoppers are worth more. I'd go about $30 to $40 apiece for good ones, but they SHOULD go for a lot less. I'll take up to a half-dozen or so unless they're dirt cheap.

Anyway, if you get there at all, let me know and I'll Expresspost you the cash same day (we'll work out delivery arrangements later). If you can't make it, just call the auctioneers afterwards and find out whether they sold, and if so, to whom.

Thanks, appreciate it! You know I'd reciprocate anytime.

Geoff

PS: And Mike...? at least one of them WILL eventually be filled up.... but you're gonna hafta beg me to drink outta it...