View Single Post
Old 05-01-18, 06:37

A very brief discussion of Australian production:

I have not purposefully pursued any research on Australian production of Cookers, Portable, No. 2.* In my early research I found some references to them but I didn't save any of the discussion or images.* From the limited data I can recall or can access quickly I believe this is a reasonable summary:

It appears that the A. Simpson & Son of Adelaide, Australia produced cookers based very closely on the British design.* These stoves embossed with Simpson on the lid may have been for a military contract.* Later military stoves have D /l\ D embossed in the same location on the lid.

There was an MLU thread (that I saw recently but I currently cannot find the link) which discussed a modified Australian stove. My recollection of the images showed a stove which retained the original case and detachable fuel tank and substituted an "S"- shaped fuel feed pipe with an attached burner.* This burner appeared very similar to the British design for their Mark 2 stoves. This may have been the Australian solution to the lead problem.

A good set of images of an Australian produced stove can be found here:

https://classiccampstoves.com/thread...y-stove.28594/

If any Australians are interested in contributing to the knowledge base it will be much appreciated.