View Single Post
Old 20-01-22, 05:23

Default WS19 Control Unit Rubber Grommets

Hi,
Over the past couple of months I have revived my WS19 set Sherman turret project (on hold due to home and business renovations) and need some assistance in replacing some of the rubber components that come out of the bottom of the Control Unit No. 1 and No. 2. These "Grommets, Sleeve, No. 2", identified on Pages 80 thru 85 (and others) in the EMERS Repair Schedule, have all have either become brittle and broken off complelely or are only a portion of their true lengths. I am ideally looking to find three NOS if possible Grommets and hope a number of you will have one or two in their spare parts kits. Happy to buy them and pay for shipping costs to Toronto.

Any idea on how to best "preserve" the existing grommets I have, is there "one product" that is highly recommended?

I've included a few pics to show current state of project. I am now fabricating the TMG shelf for the Thompson magazines out of acrylic as I need it to be stronger to support the resin magazines I recently purchased. I also need to sculpt the shell-ejection port handle so if anyone has basic dimensions these would be appreciated. Other that that, only the exterior needs to be better sculpted before I begin to add the interior weld marks to those components that were factory welded in place.

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Patrick
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2074 Grommet.jpg   IMG_1995 WS19 set overview.jpg   IMG_1727 closeup ctr.jpg   IMG_1728 close up right.jpg   IMG_1729 close up left.jpg