Thread: How To: C15a Wire-3 restoration
View Single Post
Old 30-05-21, 00:14

Thanks. It’s got a good buzz to it. I ran the wiring for it from the dash following the main harness then across the bottom side of the cab frame following the left fuel tank wiring. It then comes up into the rear box via the wiring hole in the floor. I’ve terminated it just under the charging board for now. This will have a disconnect before heading up to the roof level before the pull switch. My reasoning is that the Wire3 setup was to be removable from the cargo box for a remote setup. No idea if that’s how it was done but that’s what I’m doing. The wiring then doubles back on itself to the buzzer with single wiring going to the hot terminal. The return hookup on the buzzer uses the braided wire shielding with the common ground being the vehicle itself. It’s very simple and uses half the wire.

As for the 6v truck battery. I thought about that but with the sheet metal box cover I don’t plan on taking the battery out unless needed. The battery only supplies the needs of the enging, horn and lights. And with using LED bulbs there is hardly any drain. The starter is hooked up to a 12v battery in the Wire3 box. It is tied into the charging panel and the Chorehorse. The truck starts very well and fast since the coil gets the full 6v.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer