View Single Post
Old 25-07-21, 02:34
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Well, from this side of the globe, Global Shipping from the US/Can/UK is about 60-75% of the seller using Postal or Parcel companies, and can save even more when combining items. I don't know how they do it so cheap. They will usually be delivered to me by Australia Post.

What is funny is watching the tracking. 2 items can be bought from different sellers in the same area of the US, and both arrive on the same day at Pitney Bowes sorting center in Erlanger, Kentucky. One parcel will go via Kentucky>Florida>New York>Amsterdam>Australia, the other one will go Kentucky>Texas>California>Tokyo>Australia. And they both arrive in about a week or two, the same as USPS International Priority coming direct, because I see by the USPS tracking the item sits in Syracuse NY for a week.

Global Shipping must get the cheap rates by using the last remaining space before they close the door on the truck or container heading in the general direction of the destination, despite the number of legs on the journey.