View Single Post
Old 26-10-08, 14:44

Default LOOK what the container held!!!!!

Over the last few years I’ve been selling off a few of the vehicles in my collection. Brian Gough and I joked about whoever died first would get to leave the other the chore of cleaning up the junk.
After the deaths of Janet’s ex husband and my ex wife you begin to believe that you won’t be around forever. This was probably the most contributing factor for the deal just completed. My restoration schedule was running me into age 115 so maybe more stuff goes and I get a vehicle I have coveted for a few years. Dirk Leegwater has wanted to go shopping in my barn and I have wanted one of his trucks. Let’s make a deal! After driving this truck in France and in parades in Holland I really wanted to own it. Stefan and Dirk felt that the truck going to Canada would keep it in the family and continue to provide a good home for it. Hanno and Geoff played a part in it as you will see in the photos. James Gosling’s enthusiasm for his truck in Beltring made the deal all the more attractive to me. The real kicker was that Janet was happy. I was finally bringing something home that was actually driveable. After an unbelievable three week screw up at Canada Customs I finally have the C15TA home in Castleton. Thanks to all who contributed in any way to making this deal possible.
A happy Barry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Deal in Holland.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	23969 Click image for larger version

Name:	The deal in Canada.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	23970

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.