View Single Post
Old 14-06-17, 04:18

Default Greater Fort Erie (Ridgeway) Convoy

Hello everyone,

This is a follow up to my earlier request to all military vehicle owners to join us on July 1st in Ridgeway to create a convoy of military vehicle that will circum-navigate Greater Fort Erie (40km) as part of Canada 150 celebration.

Currently our list of veterans (WWII, Koran, Vietnam, UN, Afghanistan) willing to ride in the convoy is larger than the number of confirmed vehicles attending. Please call me at (289) 213-0873 or email jsek@execulink.com to say you are coming.

A link outlining the event can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CelebrateCanada150/

There will be fly over of vintage aircrafts and a parachute jump. I am also planning a stop over during the convoy to a local airfield where the aircrafts will be stationed. There will be a foot parade which the convoy will not be participating in. However, the convoy precedes/starts the parade. Artillery (1812 cannon and a WWII 25 pounder) will be on hand to give salute.

Lunch will be provided courtesy of BR 230 (Ridgeway) Royal Canadian Legion, and possibly an honourium for expenses which is still to be determined. For those wishing, static displays by various military groups/reenactors are being held at the Legion which will compliment the vehicles agreeing to stay.

Please join us for an unique event in Fort Erie during a very special day for all Canada. Start up time is 10 a.m. in Ridgeway at BR 230 on July 1st.

Once again, please join us and give me call me at (289) 213-0873 or email jsek@execulink.com to say you are coming.

1944 C15a