View Single Post
Old 16-08-07, 14:18
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Zipperhead

Quote:
Originally posted by Wigger K. F. van der Horst
Hello Darrell . . . thanks for the explanation . . . which gives the proof: one is never too old to learn . . . and I'm feeling myself still very young . . . so experience will learn.

First...Welcome home Darrell..
Get some Moosehead and lobsters into you before Brian Gough gets to PEI and eats up the catch...

Hi Wigger..
Princess Patricia Canadian Light Infantry,PPCLI,.....PING PONG Champions of Long Island(NY)...
Zipper head was refereing to the stitched up scars on the Tank Corp heads from cutting their heads on the hatches and other sharp objects inside the AFV's...The scars looked like Zippers..
English is the most flexible language in the world...and adding new words every minute of every day somewhere and it is difficult for all of us to keep up with the language ,even the native English speakers.
But for an ESL(English as a Second Language) Speaker it is virtually impossible to keep abreast of all the double meanings..coloquielisms,and all the rest of the little rules and regulations that make English the Universal language of the world..
I haven't seen any MLU memebers here yet that couldn't at least make their points on the forum...
Some are a little rough but we have so many tallented language speakers here that can translate and help out that it is amazing and the best FORUM on the net ..as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by Alex Blair (RIP); 16-08-07 at 14:23.