View Single Post
Old 14-12-06, 22:01
Vets Dottir

Hi Kevin, and thank you for jumping in here and trying to help.

You hit a lightbulb in me ... I seem to recall my daughter mentioning it's C Train at her door.

Yes, it sure is easier (and safer too!!!) just to cab it. I'm just trying to keep spending down to the absolute minimum ... in Feb I took a cab from her place to the depot and seem to remember that it took a whole lot longer than 10 minutes. (maybe the driver took the LONG way (as some will inevitably do to make more bucks) when he realized I didn't know the city and wouldn't be wise to his tricks )

Quote:
To get to the passport office (and back), the train will work pretty well. Take the southbound Somerset/Bridlewood train to City Hall station. 3 short blocks north on MacLeod Tr. (which is 2 St. E.) gets you close to the Harry Hays building. Reverse it all on the Dalhousie train from Olympic Plaze station (on the opposite side of the street) to get home again.
Thanks for the above ... very helpful! By the way, my daughter is working extra long days lately and can't make personal calls etc from work or she'd be able to call around and talk to voices for me and I wouldn't be asking so much in here and as to home computer and the internet, she's a NEWBIE as this is her first computer ... and has only been online a couple of days. While I'm there I'll be able to help her learn a few things.

Karmen.