View Single Post
Old 14-12-06, 19:19
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: CALGARY and Bus Depot

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
Karmenski..
Why are you doing this passport deal in person..??
Registered mail is much more convienient for you....
Hi Alex,

My kid and I really want to be together for Christmas we've been hoping to have this happen and looking forward to the possibility. It works best, time and otherwise, all round for me to go to her She's in CALGARY.

I "prefer" hand delivering my application if I can for a couple of good reasons. It's processed faster, at no extra cost, than mailing it in, and I figure that if the PP people can see my app. while I'm right there, if anything isn't done correctly I'd be able to start dealing with that immediately.

That 1-800 number hasn't been easy to get through to, which I've tried many times to but haven't gotten lucky yet ARGH! I keep getting messages that they're maxed out with people "on hold" and to try calling them again later They're inundated with applications to process right now, obviously (Christmas travel and last minute applications for new USA entry rules that start in Jan)

The ways, costs and timeframes to submit and their NORMAL GOAL processing timeframes/waitimes and are given in WORKING DAYS, are listed on the PP site. (our goal is XX working days to process, does not include time spent enroute in the mails.

I did notice they have a options for speeding up the process by paying extra. Rates depend on which "hurry it up" time frame you choose.

It says on my application form instructions: DO NOT mail or use courier services to send your application form directly to a local Passport Canada office.

Gotta submit in person to the local ones that accept submissions.
LOCAL ones closest to me are in Vancouver or Calgary.
Mailins must go to Gatineau Quebec for processing.

Karmen