View Single Post
Old 01-10-12, 04:42
GM Fox I

I was going to post a picture of a label of some NOS, wax covered box but all the ones I can find say "Central Ordnance Depot, Montreal". I have to conclude the term central meant central to some military district and not what we think today as 'central' Canada.

I'm not sure what was in these depots. It certainly was vehicle and firearms parts, but soft stuff like uniforms too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Skagfeld View Post
In addition to the Central Ordnance Depot, there were other levels of RCOC installations.

I think the smallest unit was the Regional Ordnance Depot (ROD), such as 15 ROD in Lakeview. It became a Canada Post depot.

Next up the chain, I believe, was the COD, such as 25 COD which many of us are familiar with.

Next up, I believe was the Central Ordnance Railhead (COR) such as 43 COR at Camp Borden, located near where "The Hole" is/was, but on the opposite side of the road.

Funny how I can recall items like this, being triggered by Bruce's post, but I can't remember if I took my meds this morning! (Joking...but ain't it the truth.)