View Single Post
Old 01-07-15, 15:20
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cecil View Post
Pity we didn't coord before hand, Rob, we could have met for a chat.

Weebee Webbing from Richmond, Ohio were there with there range of canvas products (and I think I'll be getting the GP canvas, webbing and hardware from Dave), plus I got the new 6.00-16 tubes I needed as well from Dan someone (can't remember his name).

But I agree: some of the usual suspects were not there. I had hoped to see Vintage Wiring of Maine (now operating in NC, so closer to Topeka) there but no joy.

Mike
I was supposed to bu a MB/GPW soft top along with bows and hardware for a friend of mine. Normally at one of these shows I wold have choice of 3 or 4 vendors to buy from. There was nothing at this show. Another guy wanted me to pick him up some rear seat covers for a M38A1. There was none of those to be had either.

I saw the fellow with the tubes for sale, and in fact bought a few things from him. Don't get me wrong, there was plenty of things to spend on, and quite a number of them I didn't even know I needed until I saw them. I did manage to spend every US dollar that I had on me, so it was success on that front. But it was not the usual show where you could show up with a shopping list and fill it.