View Single Post
Old 28-12-17, 00:53
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dunlop View Post

Initial observations show the Slow Motion Drive assembly for the Frequency Dial is missing. I think this item is identical to the one used on the 19-Set Mk III, so I should be able to track down a complete one with mounting screw.
The drive assembly is in multiple parts, and semi-common to a number of sets.

The spring and its mounting bracket is the same as used on the WS18 and WS19 - one of those "multi-purpose part" items.

Either of the drive assemblies (single knob as used on WS19 Mk.I or Mk.II, or the later "dual knob with reduction drive" as fitted to the Mk.III) will fit.

It's somewhat of a fiddle to fit the drive assembly (possibly why yours is missing - once removed it's awkward to re-fit), as there's a actuator rod that is part of the Flick mechanism that needs to engage with the drive mechanism to force it downwards when the flick lever is set to FLICK, thereby disengaging it from the rim of the dial plate.

The "Condenser Drive Assembly" is something of a bugger to work on, and usually was supplied already attached to the replacement condenser to save time, effort, and a lot of swearing on the part of the wireless mechanics.

Chris.