View Single Post
Old 26-12-17, 19:09

Well a quick look in the canvas Aerial Bag revealed three 'F' rod Sets. One green and two in No. 2 Brown, so both my 19-Sets and any future WS-Set No. 52 are covered.

I was feeling pretty good about that, and then this arrived in the mail. Yes, it is a Wireless Set No. 52 Canadian Main Receiver.Serial Number on the Data Plate is 8349. I didn't realized they had run that high.

Initial observations show the Slow Motion Drive assembly for the Frequency Dial is missing. I think this item is identical to the one used on the 19-Set Mk III, so I should be able to track down a complete one with mounting screw. Also noticed the PHONES decal that should run vertically to the right of the two phone sockets in the lower right corner was 'missing', but when shining a torch along the face of the panel, I can see it has simply been very professionally painted over.

There is no sign the three pocket watch holder screw holes have ever held a watch holder, front or back of the panel.

The only truly odd thing about the panel at the moment is that it has three chassis pull knobs, rather than the usual two. What appears to be the third pull knob has been mounted between the meter and frequency dial assembly. Further investigation will be needed on that one.

A quick internal look shows the usual amount of dust accumulation, no noticible rust anywhere and all valves are in place, though as yet untested.

The other thing that popped out was I am going to have to identify the correct type of hardware used in the four mounting brackets when the receiver is secured into the Carriers No. 4. The few sketchy photos I have seen suggest that some form of low profile hex headed bolt was used. the heads look about half as thick as a standard hex bolt.

So I guess the adventure has now officially begun.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS-52 Cdn Main Receiver.JPG   WS-52 Chassis Rear View.JPG   WS-52 PHONES Decal overpainted.JPG  

Last edited by David Dunlop; 26-12-17 at 19:14.