Thread: Bombay Chev
View Single Post
Old 25-10-04, 23:11
Dog Robber

Hanno:
Interesting how these photos knock around the world on the internet isn't it? In my case, I copied it to paper off a Russian modelling site in 2001. I did not think Ceylon was the country in which it was taken but that is what one of the members of that site said and since it is now a defunct site I cannot go back and dig up the reference. The Maple Leaf Grille should have been a clue but then it is a RHD early Ford so you never know. I have seen lots of British and Canadian named bars in Commonwealth countries.

As an off topic side note (since you are a PC Guru to me) I notice a new method I am using to access sites is giving me problems.
I have AOL as a provider and I access MLU normally from my "Favorites" tab (Bookmark to other systems). Recently, I have been using the "History" tab to access right to the thread I am interested in as I have so bloody many sites bookmarked it takes forever to find them (AOL does not allow any sequencing of bookmarked sites). In any case, if I post directly to a thread that I got off the "History" tab that post appears complete with pics etc. on that computer only as far as I can tell. I use two home computers (not linked) and one at the shop and unlike when I use the "Bookmark" method of access where every message is the same on all three this new method seems not to work too well. I think that is why I have duplicate pics lately. The Jordanian pic, for example, is not on this PC.
So, I will go back to the old method.

The new Scanner is now not much of a mystery (the editing software actually) so I should be back at it pretty soon.
Cheers
Bill