View Single Post
Old 06-12-11, 10:24
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Unhappy A Year?

Wow time does fly, doesn't it?!
Brian's prodding of our memory has also reminded me that I never wrote a tribute at the time of Geoff's passing. The fact that I did not respond tormented me at the time, and still does today, as I struggled to find the words to sum up what I felt/feel without rabbiting on too much and without recycling what has already been posted. However, here goes...
I met GWB when he visited Australia in 2008(?) for Corowa and he stayed with us for a few days. Even then it was obvious that he was ill, and was facing a big battle. I guess that this is why I did not post on this thread at the time. It's that feeling that maybe I might have failed Geoff, by not offering help. By not even discussing his condition. It's just sad. A waste.
However, without Geoff's efforts with this wonderful community that is the MLU would not be. Through MLU I have made some close friends, made many acquaintances, and have a list of contacts all over the world. I know more about the mighty Blitz than my Dad knew, and he worked on/with them for most of his lifetime. I have a yearly trip to Corowa with my two young Boys and I hope that they will be taking me one day in the distant future.
So, in closing it is a belated “Farewell Geoff”. I am sorry if I failed you in any way. And, thank you, for allowing me to be just one member of the wonderful fellowship of mapleleafup.net/forums!
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)