View Single Post
Old 01-05-20, 04:59
Lionel G. Evans

Default A Reply From Above

Hello All,

I received a reply to my enquiry...

The placement of a shipping container on the premises would require the submission of a “Request for Concurrence Agency Assessment” Application with Council which will be assessed against Council’s Amenity and Aesthetics Policy, Table 5.6. After reviewing the premises, you may be able to establish a shipping container on the premises if it were to be located behind the existing shed on the premises and landscaped so as to screen the structure from neighbouring properties. In this case, you would be required to submit the completed application form (attached), proposal plans (site plan identifying the location of the structure and associated landscaping and building elevations of the structure) and the application fee ($505.00). Please note that this process is not required if the shipping container is to be used for storage for a maximum period of 1 month.

Notice the use of the little word "a" as in singular.

Duplicate the bulk of the text above and just exchange the word "shed" with "shipping container".

Having quite a bit of convict blood in my ancestry I might as well follow the principle of, "I might as well be hung for stealing a sheep, instead of a lamb"; and look at building another shed. It requires the same application process and attracts the same fees.

Kind regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 01-05-20 at 05:21.