View Single Post
Old 19-07-11, 12:57

Default Gordon finally logs in!

Woohoo! I'm in!

G'day to you all.

Many thanks to Warren for kicking this discussion off and to everyone else who has helped out and contributed. I have been watching in agony from the sidelines, unsuccessfully trying to log in and join the discussion, until Hanno from the MLU site fixed me up yesterday. I had stuffed it up somehow but all is sunshine now.

I'll have to go back to the thread to respond to particular things. At the moment I have the engine and gearbox out, as Warren said, and the bonnet/mudguards/grill out. I'm enrolled in the local tech college night classes for auto body work and engine rebuilding. So: getting the body panels a bit smoother than they were/are, because I'm going after a better finish. The PO was going to build it into a rock crawler with huge wheels and tyres, so wasn't so concerned about the body. I'm looking for more of a period rebuild, which will mean sourcing steel wheels of the size and style the early CJ5s had when new. The engine (Ford 170cu) we will strip down and rebuild what is necessary. Will redo the valve seats to run unleaded petrol while we're at it.

Stuart, I have been watching your CJ6 Combat 6 on Ebay, and would love to have had a look at it before you moved to Queensland (?). It looks such a great job.

Cheers,

Gordon