View Single Post
Old 22-12-19, 16:12

Oh John, dear John, though we have never actually met, we have been involved with each other for a few years, all good times and hence the friend status.

MLU is known for slight divergences and this is one such example.

You had me rolling on the floor laughing with your comment "any guy with enough money can sit in his office an delegate to staff to "take care of it"...but where is the fun in that?"

I am that staff member. I have been very privileged to have had an absolute ball doing what I do for my "any guy" and have learned so much because of it and met so many wonderful people along he way. Friendships have developed and blossomed and I have taken them on in my own time outside of work.

You talk about boarding the ship and driving your tank off, I well understand that. I drove two tracked armoured vehicles off a ship in Halifax a few years ago with only some printed email notes from a UK chum in hand. Thankfully no one had trodden on the kill pedal in the FV436 during loading and no one had left the master battery on for the crossing.

I am sure I had a great big grin on my smug face when I drove them off that night, shame no one recorded it all but as you say it all happens so fast.

I have also had a great time driving Bedfords from Halfax back to Ontario and driving an FMTV from Philly to home, some memorable trips and people met for sure.

Thanks for the opportunity to digress.

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62