View Single Post
Old 24-04-08, 03:59
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default migrants

Hi Jon,

Touchy topic isn't it . I'm not against migration as a concept . My grandfather was born in British colony known as Victoria , where I now live .This country has evolved from a motely collection of criminals, misfits , the dregs of British society some say . Irish rebels too, transported to the colonies . The British army actually tried to gain control of the NSW colony at one stage , the rum rebellion , they tried to overthrow the governor , the Kings man here . There are bad eggs in every culture , from any historical age or geographic location , it's been going on since we lived in caves , human nature . It's always the mad minority that cause the trouble . Christianity has had its mad zealots too .The present Catholic church is wholly hypoctical in practice .

The current mass migration trend , is crazy . Transplanting large numbers of people from A to B solves nothing in the long run. Tim Flannery , noted scientist , ( Australian of the year last year ), my old school friend , says Australia's population should be about 10 million max. Polititians want it to be 50 million . They are having major problems with water here , lots of debate over Melbourne's water supply , and the population is growing by 60K each year. Bob Birrell from Monash uni , predicted all this 30 years ago . In 1973 I attended a lecture by him , his foresight was ignored . Much land here is salt affected too , they try to farm land that isn't viable . Growing rice and cotten uses large amounts of water , madness . Why grow rice here .

Mike
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad